Hunt for Morel Mushrooms at Home ..... for more on western morels visit; moreldoctor.com

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Green Fire Morels also known as Olives, Pickles & Greenies

If you hunted morels in my 2005 edition of this venue you might recognize some of the photos used below in this blog.

You should be able to left click on all of the photographs in this blog to enlarge them.


I purchased a new digital camera in 2005 to take the place of my 35 mm SLR's that I had sold the year before.

I was used to utalizing the macro-zoom lenses on the SLR cameras and figured that if the digital camera said macro on one of its settings then it would take close-up photos....how WRONG I was to believe it....

This morel is located near the bottom center of the photo above at the right side of a tree shadow.

...I was quite surprised and a little bit upset that I had spent the gas money and hiked several miles into the burn site to get these pickle photographs and then found that most of them were out of focus...

...I ended up trying out about six cameras before I finally found one that I liked in mid 2006.




A nice large mature pickle in the shade...

...and a young one in the sunshine.





There are several morels in this photograph...



...but I am only going to focus on the pair in the center of it..



...these two pickle morels are in their prime and it is a shame that I could not get the camera to focus on them even though I was using the macro setting.





One of these morels is a conica and the other one is a pickle.


In my hand is the same two morels from the photo above.

The large one is a conica that was growing inside of a hole and thus only the top portion was showing. This often occurs in the deep hoof prints of elk that passed when the soil was softer in spring.




When I took this photo I marked in my log that there are 14 morels, but I cannot see them all now.





How many morels can you find in this photo...

...then look at the photo below to see how many you might have missed.



It is not fair because some of these 47 morels were behind the logs.







The cluster in this photo is shown below...

...don't miss the big one by the log...



...a nice cluster.










Morels can hide right in front of you...



Here is a close up of the three young morels hiding in the shade of the suspended log.







How many morels do you see...



...did you see this one up against the rock...



...did you see all of these morels...

...yes they were all growing within the area of the photograph above.






Sometimes I focus on the easily seen morels such as this cluster and may not initially see other morels near by...





...nice pickle cluster...

...did you view the three young pickles to the left of the log...


I am including my Green Pickle scale from 2005 here to show various color shades and stages of the pickle morels growth.

Copyright by JT Holmes -all rights reserved- NO reproduction, copying or printing of any posted writing, photographs or poetry in any of my blogs is allowed without written permission from JT Holmes. Thank you for your courtesy. Contact: moreldoctor@yahoo.com


I no longer enable the comment area in my blogs because of one CLOWN who feels it is OK to place his or her advertisement on how to make easy money, for anyone reading the comment section. If you desire to make a comment or contact me, please send to: moreldoctor@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home